Zydeco Chop Chop Corn Bread Dressing
- 4 cups coarsely crumbled and toasted cornbread (we used a box mix)
- 1lb pork sausage
- 1/3c & 1/2 cup Zydeco Chop Chop
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare the cornbread according to package instructions, adding 1/c cup rehydrated Zydeco Chop Chop to the batter.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coarsely crumble the cooled cornbread and place crumbles on a baking sheet. Bake cornbread crumbles for 8-10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes until crumbles are toasted evenly. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F and grease or spray a casserole baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, celery, and chopped onion for 8-10 minutes, until the sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- In a large bowl, add crumbled cornbread, finely chopped parsley, Zydeco Chop Chop and seasoning. Toss to combine. Add the chicken broth and beaten egg and combine.
- Next, spoon cornbread and sausage mixture into the casserole dish and cover.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 45 minutes. In the final 10 minutes, remove the cover to brown the top.