Zydeco Chop Chop Mac & Cheese
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Zydeco Chop Chop
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 cups freshly shredded sharp
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup French Fried Onions
- Prepare a large pot of salted water and bring it to a boil. Add the elbow macaroni and cook per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain the water and add the 1 tbsp of butter, toss until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add the flour and whisk constantly until smooth for about a minute.
- Gradually pour 1 cup of milk, keep whisking to mix and dissolve the flour, then add the Zydeco Chop Chop and remaining milk and whisk until lump free.
- Season cayenne, paprika, and mustard powder and adjust according to your taste.
- Keep stirring constantly until the mixture thickens to a creamy consistency. Turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl add the pasta, 6 cups freshly shredded cheese over the top and sauce stir to combine.
- Transfer combined pasta, cheese, and sauce into a greased baking dish.
- Crush 1/2 cup of french fried onions on top of the Mac and Cheese.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.