Oak Grove Smokehouse Cajun Dirty Rice Mix
Very similar to jambalaya, dirty rice is traditionally made with a combination of ground meats - beef, pork, and/or giblets. After it is cooked, dirty rice (or rice dressing) may be tossed with chopped green onion and served with roast meat or fowl, barbecued meats, or fried chicken. In fact, many of the fried chicken outlets in South Louisiana offer rice dressing on their menus as an alternative to the usual mashed potatoes. You can also use it as stuffing for turkey, chicken, or other meats.
- Experience the rich and robust flavors of Oak Grove Smokehouse Cajun Dirty Rice Mix
- Authentic Cajun recipe with a perfect blend of spices, meats, and vegetables
- Easy to prepare - just add water, simmer, and enjoy a homemade-style dirty rice dish
- Versatile mix that can be enjoyed as a side dish or a complete meal
- Indulge in the savory Cajun flavors that will transport your taste buds to Louisiana
Available in a 7.9oz Bag
1/2 lb. ground beef or pork
1/2 lb. chopped giblets
2 1/2 cups water
1 (7.9 oz.) pkg. OAK GROVE SMOKEHOUSE CAJUN DIRTY RICE MIX
- Brown meat and drain off excess grease. Combine meat, Dirty Rice Mix and water in a 2 qt. saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir, reduce heat and simmer, without stirring, 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Serves 4-6.
- To use as stuffing for chicken: Spoon prepared dressing into a seasoned 2-3 lb. chicken. Sew or secure ends with skewers; baste with butter and bake covered for 1 hour at 350˚F. Uncover and continue baking until brown.
Add raw oysters, sauteed mushrooms, nuts, or your favorite stuffing ingredients as desired.