Russell's Hawaiian BBQ Taquitos
Russell's BBQ Sauce, made in Lafayette, LA, is a cajun favorite. You will often see Russell and his wife Chrisanne at the Lafayette Farmers Market on Saturday cooking anything from pulled pork tacos to hamburgers all topped with his famous sauce! Their sauce is thicker than most and will go along ways. It is low in sugar and is made with their own homemade ketchup. Russell's product line ranges from Original to Brutally Hot!
"With just enough cayenne heat for his own taste, the finished product is the ultimate blend of sweet, hot and sour. It is this Original sauce that won Russell numerous Blue Ribbons and Best In Show awards at the parish and state levels as well as at numerous BBQ festivals and rib cook-offs."
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 30min Total: 45 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced or crushed pineapple
- 1 Jar Russell's BBQ sauce
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro leaves
- 10-12 Hola Nola Medium Flour Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grill and shred chicken.
- In a bowl with my chicken breast I usually drain my canned pineapple juice into the bowl and add about 2tbs of bbq sauce and toss chicken.
- Grill until well done
- Shred chicken by using food processor
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook them until they are caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine red onion, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, pineapple, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and cilantro
- Place BBQ chicken mixture in the center of each HolaNola Tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Place taquitos seam side down onto prepared baking pan
- Pour your desired amount of BBQ sauce on top of the taquitos, spread evenly and top with any left over pineapple.
- Bake until taquitos are crisp and cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.