After Boil Crawfish Fettuccine
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (or shallots)
* 1/3 cup dry white wine
* Crawfish fat from 25-30 heads (I use the back if a baby spoon to remove)
* 2 cups pasta water
* 10 pounds of seasoned boiled crawfish (yielded 1.2 pounds of meat)
* 1 jar Sal & Judy’s Alfredo Sauce
* 1 pound long cut pasta (ex: fettuccine)
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. (reserve 2 cups of pasta water)
2. TO MAKE THE SAUCE — Heat butter and EVOO in a pot over medium heat
3. Add green onions and sauté 1-2 minutes
4. Add crawfish fat
5. Add white wine and reduce 1-2 minutes
6. Add jar of SJ Alfredo Sauce.
7. Add 1 and 1/2 – 2 cups of pasta water to sauce to keep it from drying
out. (Tip: pour pasta water into the Alfredo jar and shake to get the remainder
of the sauce.)
8. Stir and simmer until heated through.
9. Add crawfish meat to the pot.
10. Add pasta
11. Stir to combine and serve promptly. Optional: garnish with chopped green onions.
*Tip: Reserve more pasta water that can be used to rehydrate your sauce if it gets too dry.
If Crawfish are not seasoned well add Sal and Judy’s Creole Seasoning to taste.
If using bagged tails use 1-2 table
Comments will be approved before showing up.