Cajun Chicken Pasta | Slap Ya Mama
We've been making this Cajun Chicken pasta over the past few years in the Cajun Crate house. We make it a little different every time, sometimes adding sauteed onions or sometimes making it extra spicy. It's always a quick go-to recipe that we can cook in 30-minutes and make everyone happy.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 tbs. Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup heavy cream, or more, to taste
- 2 tsp. of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 Roma tomatoes, diced (optional)
- In a gallon size plastic zip bag, add chicken, 2 tablespoon olive oil and Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning. Zip it and Mix it until chicken is coated.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through. Cook about 5-6 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm. (not seen in video)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain. (not seen in video)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in heavy cream and Slap Ya Mama pepper sauce. Cook, stirring constantly until incorporated (about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in Parmesan until sauce starts to thicken (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add Slap Ya Mama seasoning to taste. Stir and reduce heat.
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve with chicken. Top with shredded parmesan cheese and garnished with tomatoes if desired.-You can also serve with jalapenos or sauteed onions.