Cajun Crate's Ragin Cajun Seasoned Blackeye Peas
Directions:· Rinse and drain blackeye peas and set aside to use later.
· Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
· Add diced ham and bacon pieces once pot is hot.
· Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned.
· Add onion, red bell pepper and celery and sauté until vegetables are to your desired consistency, we prefer our veggies cooked down and soft and cook for around 30 minutes on medium high heat.
· Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
· Add blackeye peas, chicken stock, water, and seasoning packet from inside Ragin Cajun Seasoned Blackeye Peas package and bring to a boil.
· Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until peas are tender, about 2 hours.
· Eat your blackeye peas for good luck and serve with pork and greens like collards or cabbage for prosperity in the New Year!
Leave a comment