Double Bacon BBQ Pizza
In our March Cajun Crate, all of our items were made in the capitol city of Louisiana, Baton Rouge. We were extremely excited to start working with Trey Bacon from Baconation! His line of BBQ sauces are extremely popular in the Greater Baton Rouge Area and we wanted to share it with all our Cajun Crate subscribers!
We were inspired to use his BBQ Sauce on a pizza much like a recipe on the Baconation website featuring his original sauce, but we made a few changes... like adding Bacon... and used the Smokehouse Bacon BBQ Sauce.
Here's the recipe:
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 package tasso ham, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (or caramelized slices)
- 1 head of garlic, peeled, and roasted
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 ball pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 1 Jar Smokehouse Bacon BBQ Sauce
- Pre-Heat sure oven is at 400 degrees F. (or suggested oven temp. from your pizza dough)
- Roll out the pizza dough (Should make a 12-14" pizza)
- Spoon a generous amount of Smokehouse Bacon BBQ Sauce evenly over the pizza crust.
- Spread onions, roasted garlic, and bacon on top of BBQ sauce.
- Cover with pepper jack cheese
- top with the diced tasso ham
- Bake in oven for according to your dough instructions (usually 10-15minutes or until dough is brown)
- Remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle with more BBQ Sauce if desired, cut, slice and serve!
This pizza was a hit with the whole family! It does taste as good as it smells too! Let us know how you liked this pizza recipe or how you used this BBQ sauce at home. And don't forget to tag your photos with #CajunCrate!