Zydeco Red Beans and Rice
- Rinse and sort beans. (Learn how Camellia Beans suggests rinsing and sorting here)
- In a large heavy pot add rehydrated Zydeco Chop Chop along with 1/4 stick butter. Sautè for 30-45 seconds
- Add beans and water.
- Bring to rolling boil for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, until beans are desired tenderness.
- Add salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning to taste.
- In a separate pan, cook sliced sausage for 5 minutes. Add 3 tables spoons rehydrated Zydeco Chop Chop in the last minute of cooking.
- Add cooked sausage to the red beans.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.