Free Shipping Over $60
Zydeco Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey (or groud beef)
- 1/3 cup rehydrated Zydeco Chop Chop
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes (with or without spice)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 12 mini peppers, halved and seeds removed
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half, top to bottom, and remove the seeds and ribs. Set aside.
- Rehydrate 1/3 cup Zydeco Chop Chop
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Crumble in ground meat and cook until meat is browned. Drain off excess grease. Add Zydeco Chop Chop, Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir rice and tomatoes into beef mixture.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese until well combined into mixture.
- Using a spoon, fill each pepper with about 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Line the stuffed peppers in a 9"x13" pan. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and top with shredded mozzarella. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.