Beef Daube Recipe
- 1lb tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon Sal & Judy’s Creole Seasoning
- 2/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 sprig Thyme
- ½ cup Chianti
- 1 jar Sal’s Red Gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Luigi Vitelli penne rigate pasta
- Slice tenderloin ½ inch thick and generously season each side with Sal & Judy’s Creole Seasoning
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Coat tenderloin slices in flour then drop into the pot of oil
- Cook meat 1-1 ½ minutes on each side then remove from pot and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add sliced carrots to the pot and stir frequently to keep from burning
- Add red wine & bay leaves to carrots – increase heat to medium-high & cook for 2 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions
- Add water and Sal’s Red Gravy to carrot & wine mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add thyme & reintroduce tenderloin.
- Cover and simmer for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over pasta & enjoy!
Leave a comment