Garlic Pepper Jelly Crawfish Nachos
This easy appetizer is cheesy, spicy and loaded with crawfish tails. The ultimate snack! Just follow the recipe and top off with our roasted garlic pepper jelly. Tip: Warming the pepper jelly in a small sauce cup and makes the drizzling easy!
Yields: 6-8 Servings
- 1 (14-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14-ounce) package quesadilla melting cheese*
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 (24-ounce) bag mini tricolor sweet peppers, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 pound crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) bag yellow tortilla chips
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Garnish: lime zest, chopped fresh parsley
- Roasted Garlic Pepper Jelly
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium saucepan, heat evaporated milk over medium until steaming. Slowly add cheese, Creole seasoning, and garlic, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In a medium skillet, cook andouille over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes; drain well. Arrange andouille, sweet peppers, and jalapeño on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until peppers are softened, about 15 minutes. Add crawfish, and bake until hot, about 5 minutes more. Remove crawfish mixture from pan. Place chips in pan; top with crawfish mixture and warm cheese sauce. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
- Warm about a half a cup of pepper jelly in a small sauce cup and make the drizzle over nachos.
- Garnish with zest and parsley, if desired.