Free Shipping Over $50
Heart Smart Minestrone Soup
- 32 oz. 32 Fluid Ounces Chicken Stock
- 1 - 16 oz. Unseasoned Lima Beans
- 2 Large Zuccini Dice 1/4" Skin on About 3 cups
- 1 - 25oz Jar Original Heart Smart Sauce
- 1 cup Fresh Celery Heart Diced 1/4"
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Green Beans Diced 1/2"
- 1/2 cup 2 Medium to Large Fresh Carrots Dices 1/4"
- 1/2 cup 1/2 Medium to Large Fresh Beet Diced 1/4"
- 5 Medium to Large Fresh Peeled Garlic Cloves Diced Small
- 1/2 lb. Small Cut Whole Wheat Pasta (Pre Cooked)
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz. Red Wine
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Black Pepper
- Remove all liquid from lima beans. Cut ends off, wash zucchini then dice with skin on 1/4". Wash and dice celery hearts 1/4". Remove ends from green beans wash and dice 1/2". Remove tops and peel carrots dice 1/4". Remove ends from 1/2 beet peel and dice 1/4". Peel garlic and dice small.
- Add olive oil to 5 to 6 quart heavy gauge pot, add carrots, garlic, celery, beets. Saute on low-medium heat for about 18-20 minutes stirring frequently. Add Red wine to cooked vegetables and continue cooking for 4 minutes. Increase heat to high and add chicken stock.
- Turn heat off; add chicken stock, green beans, zucchini, lima beans, thyme, black pepper, crushed red pepper and Heart Smart Original Sauce stir well. Turn heat on high bring all contents to a high simmer then reduce to a low simmer (adjust heat accordingly). Allow soup to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add pasta to soup, cook for one minute, remove from heat and serve. While vegetables are cooking, prepare pasta according to manufacturer's instructions. For this recipe, do not add any salt. While pasta is draining, add approximately 1 teaspoon olive oil and mix to prevent sticking.