Penne all’Arrabbiata is an authentic, quick, easy, and very tasty pasta dish that is ready in about 15 minutes. Add freshly grated parmesan and basil to top or crushed chili peppers for spice.
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup (3 ounces) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. (medium to large) shrimp, peeled and de-veined (can also substitute an equal amount of crawfish tails)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Jar Creole Italian Pasta Sauce
- Place the drained pasta in a large bowl. Add Romano cheese, whipping cream and minced basil; toss gently to blend well. Set aside to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Saute until shrimp turn opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully drain off the oil and return pan to medium high heat. Add the Creole Italian Pasta Sauce and stir to blend well. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Add the shrimp and sauce to the pasta, tossing gently to blend well. Serve hot.