Sal & Judy’s Bolognese Recipe
Bolognese sauce, also known in Italy as ragú, originates from the Italian city, Bologna. The meats used in a Bolognese sauce are traditionally 50% each of ground beef and pork. For an extra flavor boost, try pancetta (Italian unsmoked bacon). This sauce freezes well so make a big batch and keep it for a quick dinner. To reheat, defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in a pan.
- 1 Jar Sal & Judy
- 3/4 lb. ground beef or veal
- 3/4 lb. ground pork
- 2 tbsp. Sal & Judy
- 2 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz. Dry Red Wine
- 1 lb. Garofalo Pasta
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese (if desired)
- Sauté beef and pork until 3/4 cooked, strain excess fat if needed. On medium-high heat, add extra virgin olive oil and Sal & Judy's Italian Seasoning. Reduce to medium to low, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover, add red wine, stir and cover for additional 2 minutes. Uncover, add your favorite Sal & Judy's Pasta Sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta, strain, do not wash, add to bowl. Add meat mixture to bowl, stir, top with desired amount of Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese. Serve hot.