- 1 lb lean ground meat 95%
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (uncased)
- 2 tablespoons Sal & Judy’s Italian Seasoning
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 12 oz frozen peas (optional)
- ½ jar Sal’s Red Gravy
- 1 cup rice
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Cook ground meat & Italian sausage on medium high heat until ¾ done. (Strain excess oil if desired)
- Season meat with SJ Italian Seasoning & cover for 2 minutes.
- Add red wine to meat. Stir & cover for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms & peas, stir. Cover & cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice & Sal’s Red Gravy to the mixture.
- Add salt as preferred also great with Tabasco sauce
Serve & enjoy!