Mini chicken pot pies | The Cajun Spoon
• 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
• 1/3 cup butter or margarine
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 1/3 cup The Cajun Spoon Chicken and Dumplings Mix
• 1 cup of water
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
• 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Grease up a muffin tin with cooking oil. Cut out small circles from pie dough and line the muffin tin.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently until tender. Stir in 1/3 cup of Cajun Spoon Chicken and Dumplings Mix until well blended. Gradually stir in water and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
3. Stir in cooked chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined muffin pan. Top with the second crust if desired; seal edges and flute. Cut slits in top crusts.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!