• 1 box of The Cajun Spoon Jambalaya mix
• 8 bell peppers, any color
• 1 lb. ground meat or shrimp (we used both)
• 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs
• 2 oz. VELVEETA cheese, cut into 8 squares
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Cut tops off of bell peppers, wash and remove seeds. Boil for 10 minutes in large pot of salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat and brown ground meat. Once finished, drain and set aside. For shrimp, heat oil and brown for 2-4 minutes until pink.
3. Add 1 lb. of cooked ground beef (drained), 2.5 cups of water, and one box of The Cajun Spoon's Jambalaya Mix to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid for 22-24 minutes.
(If you have a rice cooker add 2.5 cups of water, 1 lb. of cooked ground beef, and a box of The Cajun Spoon's Jambalaya mix to your rice cooker and cook according to the instructions of your cooker.)
4. Mix 2 cups of bread crumbs into rice mixture. Fill the bottom of each bell pepper with a spoonful of the rice mixture, then add a cube of VELVEETA cheese and 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce. Fill the remaining pepper with more rice mixture and shrimp and top with 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs. (Optional: Add shredded cheese to bread crumbs for maximum flavor!)
5. Place peppers in a cast iron skillet or shallow baking dish with just enough water to coat the bottom on the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!