Low Carb Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables
Are you looking for some great tailgating recipes while trying to eat low carb or just on the healthier side? These foil pack chicken and vegetables may be your answer! Chicken and vegetables don't have to be boring, with Jay D's Louisiana Barbecue and Zydeco Chop Chop we have gave our chicken and veggies some zing! Plus its super easy prep and clean up!
- 4 aluminum foil sheets large enough to wrap around one chicken breast
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2-cup Jay D's Louisiana Barbecue sauce
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 bushel of asparagus
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste or Carmaletes
- Zydeco Chop Chop
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place one chicken breast on each pair of foil sheets; season with salt and fresh ground pepper or Carmaletes
- Brush each chicken breast with about 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Arrange vegetables around each chicken breast and drizzle olive oil over vegetables
- Sprinkle Zydeco Chop Chop over vegetables (for extra spice add some Carmaletes Seasoning)
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely and seal the packets closed.
- Place foil packets to the preheated grill rack and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done, turning once.
- Chicken is done when thermometer reads 165 F.
IF COOKING IN THE OVEN
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare chicken as directed above.
- Seal the packets closed and place on a baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from oven and let stand few minutes.
This chicken is packed with flavor! Feel free to add more Barbecue sauce on the side!